We’ve made Helen Clark our Guest Buzzmaker for the week … you can view her BayBuzz interview using the YouTube links below.
We’ve broken the interview into six segments for readers with slower internet connections! Once on YouTube, you can also move from question to question there.
Here are the questions she addresses:
1. Does farming in NZ really have as rosy a future as Helen Clark (and John Key) portray? Click for response.
2. Is Labour’s “Fast Forward” agricultural research initiative simply a “gimmick” as John Key says? Does NZ have the talent base to achieve the innovation Clark says is vital to NZ’s future farming success? Click for response.
3. What does “clean, green” really mean as it applies to NZ agriculture and food exports? Click for response.
4. Are we pushing dairy farming beyond a sustainable level, at the expense of water quality and other adverse environmental impacts? Click for response.
5. What should farmers ask themselves before voting in this year’s elections? Click for response.
6. Do financially stressed Kiwi consumers need some kind of government relief from rising food prices? Click for response.
Perhaps MPs Craig Foss or Chris Tremain would like to address some of the PM’s responses?