Notice from Beef + Lamb NZ
Further to our email yesterday, and following work by B+LNZ and industry organisations, the Government has announced a $25 million fund that farmers can access now to get started on their farm’s recovery. We are still working to get additional support as further needs assessments are completed.
Key information and how to apply:
- Pastoral farmers can access up to $10,000 to help with initial recovery on-farm, such as repairs to stock-water, infrastructure, and fencing.
- Applications for these grants can be made through MPI.
- You can find background information about the grant here.
- Here is the direct link to download the application form.
- You will need to provide a description of the damage caused by Cyclone Gabrielle and the work being done/to be undertaken. To help, please keep copies of records such as receipts, invoices, and quotes.
- MPI have created this factsheet with more detail about how to request the grant and what the funding can be used for.
- If you require assistance with the process, you can contact your local extension manager.
- The Government said they will provide more support once further assessments are done. We will continue to work with the Government alongside other industry groups to ensure farmers and rural communities get the right support.
Civil Defence payments are also available. Learn more by visiting visit Cyclone Gabrielle – Work and Income or call 0800 400 100.
Feed coordination service
- Federated Farmers has restarted the national Feed Coordination Service to support farmers recovering from the cyclone. B+LNZ will support this. Further details can be found here.
See our email yesterday for information on how farmers can help other farmers here.