Ian Purdon, avid tennis player, has shared with BayBuzz his submission as a private citizen regarding the proposed regional sports park.
Some of his submission is quite specific regarding considerations for facilitating and encouraging tennis play in the area.
However, the issues Ian raises about his sport provide rich context for his more generic concerns … the same concerns that BayBuzz has heard voiced over and over again throughout the community:
- Lack of (or inadequate) consultation (even within sport circles, let alone the broader community)
- Inaccessibility of the facility
- Adverse impact on local sports clubs & existing facilities
- High cost and dubious revenues
- Haste with which the proposal is being pushed
- Lack of meaningful alternatives to consider
We have published Ian’s submission as our Guest Buzzmaker column this week.